Friday, March 27, 2009

Bye Bye Yellowknife

To the community of Yellowknife, I must say what a great city you have that has the heart of a small caring town. Everyone says “hello” or gives you a “nod” when you enter a restaurant or pub. How much more welcoming is that?

Thanks for the support to the racers and media throughout the week. I heard that on the race course there was free pizza and water being handed out by a local that decided to set up their own aid station.

Thanks to the downtown liquor store where I found bottles of Napa red wine I can’t find in my hometown of Toronto.

One day I will came back in the summer and really see this city at it’s fullest and catch a giant pike with Ragnar at his fishing lodge. Mind you, seeing unspoiled snow covered lakes in the winter is magic to the eyes.

The winners of the various divisions in the Rock and Ice Ultra are off today by airplane to pick up their first place prizes, EKATI diamonds from the actual mine site located 300 KM from Yellowknife.

Tonight they officially get to celebrate!

1 comment:

  1. Harold, I've enjoyed catching up on your coverage. You did a great job capturing so many aspects of the race and the entire experience.
    I think you need to race it next year!!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete